A LA CARTE WEB STORE
The Kuhn Orchards A La Carte Web Store is a great way to enjoy flavorful and local produce throughout the winter months. If you have any questions please call the office (717-334-2722) or email KuhnOrchardsCSA@gmail.com.
Kuhn Orchards offers an A La Carte Web Store from mid November through mid April. The A La Carte Web Store will be open to take once-a-month orders for our Vienna and Lorton, Virginia pick-up locations. 2018 delivery dates are: Nov. 18, Dec. 16, Jan. 20, Feb. 17, March 17 & April 14.
HOW IT WORKS
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. We’ll inform you when it’s time to place an order and let you know what is available for purchase. If you receive our newsletter all winter long and never place an order, that’s fine with us. The decision to place an order is completely up to you.
- Browse our web store.
- Select your produce and farm goods and pay for your order with a credit card. Square is a secure website and PCI Compliant, so your financial information is secure when you make your payment. You may choose to create an account through Square for future payments and orders, but it is not necessary.
- We’ll send you a confirmation email that we received your order, and send you a reminder email a day or so prior to pick-up.
- Pick up your produce on the scheduled Saturday.
- If something comes up after placing your order, please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we may properly cancel your order.
FEATURED ITEMS AVAILABLE IN OUR WEBSTORE
Apples are available in half bushel boxes (22-25 pounds of apples and limited to four varieties per box) and five pound bags (limited to 1 variety per bag). You can also purchase bags of Asian or Bosc Pears.
We sell all of our jarred goods like applesauce, apple butter, canned peaches, fruit jams, and honey in the Web Store. We also have our apple cider, dried apples, and eggs from a neighbor farmer.
We have plenty of veggies to keep you stocked and cooking all winter long! Onions, Potatoes, Sunchokes, Sweet Potatoes, Winter Squash, and much more.
Review Pick-Up Locations
When you place your web store order, please indicate in the “Add additional note to merchant” box during check out which location you want to pick up at – Vienna or Lorton. You will receive an email prior to delivery, and specific directions are included in this email.
Follow Appropriate Pick-Up Etiquette
If there are a number of customers waiting to pick up their order, please understand that our employees are working as efficiently as possible to ensure that all customers receive all of their items. Please wait patiently and pleasantly.
If you are running late or unable to pick up your order: Prior to each delivery, you will be given the phone number of the delivery employee. Please contact them directly if you are running late or unable to pick up your order. Please note that the Kuhn Orchards office is not staffed on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings to take calls or check emails.
If you have not arrived 30 minutes before the end of the pick-up window, the Kuhn Orchards delivery employee will give you a courtesy call. If he or she is not able to reach you, the employee is not obligated to wait for you.
If you are unable to make it to the Vienna pick-up location by 10:30am, you may meet us in Lorton to pick-up your order. We are unable to wait past 10:30am at the Vienna pick-up location in order to arrive at the Lorton pick-up location on time.
If you are not able to pick-up your order by 1:00pm at the Lorton pick-up location, you may make arrangements with the Kuhn Orchards delivery employee to wait an extra 30 minutes as a courtesy period. The employee will only wait during the courtesy period if they have confirmation from you that you are on your way to the Lorton pick-up location.
If you are not able to pick-up your order at all the day of delivery, we will contact you the following week to make other arrangements for you to pick-up your order.
Our Inclement Weather Policy
If inclement weather such as snow, ice or sleet is expected along our route and travel is risky, Kuhn Orchards will notify customers via email that we will postpone the delivery. We may decide to deliver earlier or later in the week to avoid a predicted storm. Either way, we will contact you as soon as we have made a plan of action.
Contact Us about Any Quality Control Issues
Kuhn Orchards takes great pride in the high quality fruits and vegetables that we grow. If the quality does not meet your expectations, please contact us immediately. Provide us with as much information as possible:
- When you received the item
- How you stored it
- What specifically was wrong with the product (color, odor, taste, appearance)
With this information we may better understand the problem and determine an appropriate solution.
We want you to be content with the items you receive. To make things right, we will offer either:
- An equal replacement of the item (e.g. a jar of applesauce for applesauce),
- A replacement of the item with an equally valued product (e.g. apple butter for applesauce), or
- Provide you with a refund to your credit card for the value of the item.
Click on the Pick-Up Locations Map in the column to the right. If you click on each location pin, a map with specific parking instructions will appear.
Saturdays, 8:00am – 10:30am
Emmanuel Lutheran Church
2589 Chain Bridge Road
Vienna, Virginia 22181
Saturdays, 11:30am – 1:00pm
VRE Parking Lot
8990 Lorton Station Boulevard
Lorton, VA 22079