A LA CARTE WEB STORE
Even though we are bringing the best peaches, berries and tomatoes to the farmers market, it’s that time of year to start thinking about your Winter Produce Pick-Up. The Kuhn Orchards A La Carte Web Store is a great way to enjoy flavorful and local produce throughout the winter months. If you have any questions please call the office (717-334-2722) or email KuhnOrchardsCSA@gmail.com.
Kuhn Orchards offers an A La Carte Web Store from mid November through mid April. The A La Carte Web Store will be open to take once-a-month orders for our Vienna and Lorton, Virginia pick-up locations. Delivery dates are: Nov. 18, Dec. 16, Jan. 20, Feb. 17, March 17 & April 14.
The Member Agreement & Policies Tab below contains additional pick-up details and membership expectations.
- you want to place customized orders where you choose the produce and farm goods you will receive at the delivery,
- you want to place an order only occasionally over the winter,
- you will be traveling during the winter and won’t be available for each scheduled pick-up.
You are not obligated to place an order for each delivery; however, you are more than welcome to place an order for each delivery date.
HOW IT WORKS
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. We’ll inform you when it’s time to place an order and let you know what is available for purchase. If you receive our newsletter all winter long and never place an order, that’s fine with us. The decision to place an order is completely up to you.
- Browse our web store.
- Create an account with us. It will save all of your contact information and pick-up location so it’s one less step you have to take when placing future orders.
- Select your produce and farm goods and place your order.
- We’ll send you a confirmation email that we received your order, and send you a reminder email a day or so prior to pick-up.
- Pick up your produce on the scheduled Saturday.
- If something comes up after placing your order, please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we may properly cancel your order.
FEATURED ITEMS AVAILABLE IN OUR WEBSTORE
Apples are available in half bushel boxes (22-25 pounds of apples and limited to four varieties per box) and five pound bags (limited to 1 variety per bag). You can also purchase bags of Asian or Bosc Pears.
We sell all of our jarred goods like applesauce, apple butter, canned peaches, fruit jams, and honey in the Web Store. We also have our apple cider, dried apples, and eggs from a neighbor farmer.
We have plenty of veggies to keep you stocked and cooking all winter long! Onions, Potatoes, Sunchokes, Sweet Potatoes, Winter Squash, and much more.
COSTS & PAYMENTS
There is no cost to receive our e-newsletter. You become an A La Carte member when you place your first order and create an account.
It is completely up to you when you place an order and how much you purchase.
When you place your order in the Web Store, there are a variety of payment options:
- Credit/Debit card (Visa and MasterCard accepted)
- Electronic check (using your bank account and routing numbers)
Review Pick-Up Locations & Dates
When you place your web store order, please select from one of our two pick-up locations (the sidebar on this page describes each location and pick-up dates & times). Your online account will contain directions and instructions for your pick-up location. You will receive an email prior to delivery, and specific directions are included in this email as well.
Ensure That We Can Communicate with You
You will receive important communications from Kuhn Orchards. Upon enrollment, please:
- Provide a primary phone number where we can reach you on a Saturday morning if there are any changes to your pick-up.
- Add KuhnOrchardsCSA@gmail.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
Kuhn Orchards will not sell, distribute or use your email address for any means other than communicating with you specifically about the A La Carte Web Store.
Follow Appropriate Pick-Up Etiquette
If there are a number of members waiting to pick up their order, please understand that our employees are working as efficiently as possible to ensure that all members receive all of their items. Please wait patiently and pleasantly.
If you are running late or unable to pick up your box or order: Prior to each delivery, you will be given the phone number of the delivery employee. Please contact them directly if you are running late or unable to pick up your order. Note that the Kuhn Orchards office is not staffed on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings to take calls or check emails.
If you have not arrived 30 minutes before the end of the pick-up window, the Kuhn Orchards delivery employee will give you a courtesy call. If he or she is not able to reach you, the employee is not obligated to wait for you.
If you are unable to make it to the Vienna pick-up location by 10:30am, you may meet us in Lorton to pick-up your order. We are unable to wait past 10:30am at the Vienna pick-up location in order to arrive at the Lorton pick-up location on time.
If you are not able to pick-up your CSA box/order by 1:00pm at the Lorton pick-up location, you may make arrangements with the Kuhn Orchards delivery employee to wait an extra 30 minutes as a courtesy period. The employee will only wait during the courtesy period if they have confirmation from you that you are on your way to the Lorton pick-up location.
If you are not able to pick-up your box/order at all the day of delivery, we will contact you the following week to make other arrangements for you to pick-up your order.
Our Inclement Weather Policy
If inclement weather such as snow, ice or sleet is expected along our route and travel is risky, Kuhn Orchards will notify members via email that we will postpone the delivery. We may decide to deliver earlier or later in the week to avoid a predicted storm. Either way, we will contact you as soon as we have made a plan of action.
Contact Us about Any Quality Control Issues
Kuhn Orchards takes great pride in the high quality fruits and vegetables that we grow. If the quality does not meet your expectations, please contact us immediately. Provide us with as much information as possible:
- When you received the item
- How you stored it
- What specifically was wrong with the product (color, odor, taste, appearance)
With this information we may better understand the problem and determine an appropriate solution.
We want you to be content with the items you receive. To make things right, we will offer either:
- An equal replacement of the item (e.g. a jar of applesauce for applesauce),
- A replacement of the item with an equally valued product (e.g. apple butter for applesauce), or
- Apply credit to your account for future purchases in our Web Store for the value of the item.
Kuhn Orchards will not refund your account with credit to your bank/credit card, nor give you a check or cash.
Enjoy Your Online Membership Benefits!
- 24/7 Account Access: Your online account through Farmigo allows you to put your box on hold, view order history and view directions and instructions for the pick-up location.
- Secure payments: Farmigo is a secure website and PCI Compliant, so your financial information is secure.
Please keep your Kuhn Orchards/Farmigo user name and password secure like you do others. If you do lose your password, we can send you instructions to generate a new one.
Click on the Pick-Up Locations Map in the column to the right. If you click on each location pin, a map with specific parking instructions will appear.
Saturdays, 8:00am – 10:30am
Emmanuel Lutheran Church
2589 Chain Bridge Road
Vienna, Virginia 22181
Saturdays, 11:30am – 1:00pm
VRE Parking Lot
8990 Lorton Station Boulevard
Lorton, VA 22079