Author: Kuhn Orchards
- Double pie crust
- 6-8 large apples; cored and cubed
- ¾ - 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Dash of kosher salt
- 6-8 tsp. butter
- 1 ½ c. water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out dough and cut into 6-8 squares, each about 6 inches in diameter.
- Combine cut apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add lemon juice and dash of kosher salt. Mix in bowl and let stand about 15 minutes.
- Spoon apple mixture onto pastry pieces leaving a 1 inch lip.
- Dot each with 1 tsp. of butter. Snugly fold dough over apples.
- Prepare Syrup: Combine ingredients in sauce pan and bring to boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over dumplings and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.