Concord Grape Sorbet
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 quart Concord Grapes
- 1 cup + ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water and sugar over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Let stand until room temperature.
- Prepare an ice bath.
- Combine grapes and ¼ cup water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid begins to bubble and grapes start releasing liquid, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat, and simmer until juices are dark purple and grapes begin to break apart, about 3 minutes.
- Pass mixture through a food mill and then through a fine sieve into a large bowl.
- Set in the ice bath; stir frequently until completely cool. Stir in simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture into an ice-cream maker, and mix according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve, up to 2 weeks.