Black Raspberry Custard Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or peaches or whole black raspberries
- 1 unbaked pie shell – 9 inch
- Mix sugar, flour and salt. Add half & half, slightly beaten eggs, and melted butter. Blend well.
- Sprinkle fruit with small amount of sugar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon or fresh grated nutmeg and stir well.
- Place fruit into bottom of pie shell. Pour mixture over the fruit. Sprinkle top with very small amount of cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes then turn down to 325° and bake until custard sets.