Sweet Potato Pie
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 3 large sweet potatoes (yielding 1¾ cup puree, cooled)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. all spice
- Graham cracker crust
- Sweet Potato Puree
- Peel and cut 3 large sweet potatoes into chunks.
- In a large sauce pan, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain and puree in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add sweet potato puree, half and half, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and allspice; whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour filling into crust, smooth top with a spatula.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake until filling is set, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.