Fruit Custard Pie
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbl. melted butter
- 2 cups fruit, sliced if needed
- 1 unbaked pie shell – 9 inch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt.
- Add half & half, slightly beaten eggs and melted butter. Blend well.
- Sprinkle sliced fruit with small amount of sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon or fresh grated nutmeg and stir well.
- Place fruit in unbaked pie shell. Pour egg mixture over the fruit. Sprinkle top with small amount of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then turn down to 325 degrees and bake until custard is set; about 25 minutes.
This custard pie recipe is great for strawberries, raspberries, peaches, pears or rhubarb. Fruit should be sliced (even the strawberries), but raspberries may be left whole.