Blue Italian Plum Torte
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 12 Blue Italian Plums, halved and pitted
- sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and eggs. Beat well.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured spring form pan.
- Place the plum halves cut side down on top of batter.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool slightly before serving.
No comments yet.