Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups finely shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. bar of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In large bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar and eggs until well combines. Whisk in the applesauce, vanilla and carrots. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl until smooth; beat in vanilla. Frost cupcakes.