Author: Kuhn Orchards
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ pounds peaches (4 cups), peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10 inch cast-iron skillet.
- In large bowl, cream butter and ¾ cup sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until incorporated.
- Fold in peaches.
- Spread batter into prepared skillet.
- In small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp. sugar, cinnamon and almonds. Sprinkle mixture over the batter.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean and golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool 20 minutes before serving.
If a cast-iron skillet is not available, a 9x9 inch baking pan works as well.