Mango Pear Crisp
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 2 pounds of firm, ripe pears
- 1¼ pounds of firm, ripe mangoes
- ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ c. diced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Position rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Peel and core pears. Slice into wedges. Peel and cut mangoes. Place in ungreased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the crystallized ginger.
- Scatter the topping evenly over the fruit. Tap the dish on the counter once or twice to settle in the crumbs.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, the juices are bubbling, and the fruit is tender when pierced, about 45 to 50 minutes.