Pear Custard Pie
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 3 or 4 Bartlett pears
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Peel, halve and core the pears; slice them ¼ inch thick lengthwise. Arrange slices, over-lapping slightly, in pie dish.
- In a blender or food processor, process remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter over the pears and sprinkle with ground ginger or grated nutmeg.
- Bake until golden and firm to touch, about 40 to 45 minutes.