- 7-8 large ripe peaches
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar, depending on taste
- ¼ cup flour, tapioca flour or cornstarch for thickener
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon or ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Splash of almond extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Pastry for double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Halve, pit and peel peaches. Slice about ¼ inch thick into a bowl. Add sugar, thickener, almond extract and cinnamon or nutmeg. Mix in bowl and let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place peaches into bottom crust, dot with butter. Cover with top layer of crust with sliced heat vents (or with crumb topping, if wish - see recipe for fruit Crumb Pie previously).
- Turn oven down to 350° and bake for approximately 1 hour. Place foil over the top if the top starts to brown too quickly.
No comments yet.