Vanilla Peach Cobbler
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 2 ¼ cups sugar, divided
- ½ vanilla bean, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 pounds peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1½ cups flour
- 2 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. Triple sec or orange juice
- 1 ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. almond extract
- 6 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend ¾ cup sugar and vanilla bean in processor until vanilla is finely ground. Sift vanilla sugar into large bowl.
- Add peaches and 2 Tbsp. flour; toss to coat. Transfer mixture to 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Bake until bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 ½ cups sugar and 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl. Whisk eggs, and next four ingredients in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Fold in melted butter.
- Pour batter over hot peach mixture. Return to oven and continue baking for about 45 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.