Chicken Asparagus Bake
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sauteed in butter
- 5 T. butter
- 5 T. flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 2 T. melted butter
- 2 T. sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook asparagus in small amount of water, about 10 minutes: drain well.
- Prepare mushrooms
- Melt 5 T. butter in saucepan and blend in the flour. Add the chicken broth and cook until mixture is thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Place sliced cooked chicken in bottom of square or rectangle 1½" deep baking dish. Drizzle with half the sauce; arrange the asparagus on top of chicken. Pour on remaining sauce.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, almonds and remaining melted butter and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes.