Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 lb. fresh apricots, pitted, peeled and halved (8-10 apricots)
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup chilled unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Prepare apricots and place into bowl. Sprinkle with nutmeg, almond extract and about 1 tablespoon of sugar and toss lightly.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish and place the apricots onto the bottom.
- Mix dry ingredients and then cut butter in until crumbly. Mix beaten egg into mixture with a fork. Sprinkle mixture over apricots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
This cobbler recipe can also be made using other fruit, such as, Blackberries, Peaches, etc.