Peach Almond Shortcake
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 4 cups sliced peaches, sweetened
- Almond Whipped Cream
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9 x 11 inch pan.
- Mix flour, 2 Tbl. sugar, the baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening. Stir in milk.
- Spread in pan: brush with butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and almonds. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan: cool slightly.
- Split shortcake to make 2 layers.
- Fill layers with half of the Almond Whipped Cream and peaches. Top each serving with remaining whipped cream and peaches.
- Almond Whipped Cream: Beat chilled whipping cream, sugar and almond extract in a chilled bowl.
No comments yet.