Plum Tart with Marzipan Crumble
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chilled, unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream, chilled
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup almond paste (about 5 oz.)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tabl chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ¼ lbs. plums (about 12), pitted and sliced thin
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Tart Crust
- Blend first four ingredients in processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Add butter: process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yolk and whipping cream. Blend, pulsing until dough comes together.
- Press along bottom & up sides of 11 inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Pierce all over with fork. Chill at least 2 hours & up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake crust until golden brown, pressing with back of fork every 5 min. if crust bubbles, about 25 min. Transfer crust to rack: cool.
- Reduce oven temp. to 375 degrees.
- Blend flour, almond paste, and sugar in processor until almond paste is finely ground. Add butter and pulse, until coarse crumbs form. Transfer crumble to bowl; mix in almonds.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to blend well. Sprinkle ¾ cup crumble over cooled crust. Top with plums. Sprinkle with remaining crumble.
- Bake tart until filling bubbles thickly & top is golden, about 40 min. Cool 10 min. Push up pan bottom to release tart. Cool. Serve at room temp.