Rhubarb Sponge Pudding
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1⅓lbs. Rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 coups)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ½ Tbsp. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter an 11x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Cut rhubarb and place in baking dish in even layer. Scatter brown sugar over rhubarb and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. water.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in small bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 min. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Fold in flour mixture alternating with milk and end with flour mixture. Spoon batter over rhubarb, smoothing top to cover.
- Bake until top is golden brown, about 40 min. Cool at least 30 min.