Fennel and Potato Bake
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 pound fennel bulbs (~2 medium bulbs)
- 1½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons grated Asiago Cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Asiago Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Trim fennel bulbs; halve, and core.
- Slice bulbs and potatoes very thin (1/8 inch thick).
- Add potatoes to prepared dish in three layers, alternating two layers fennel. Season each layer with coarse salt and ground pepper, 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese, and dot with ½ tablespoon butter. (Omit cheese from final layer).
- Over top of final layer of potatoes, pour heavy cream. Bake until potatoes are tender when pierced, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup grated Asiago cheese; bake additional 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.