Fruit Ice Cream
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1½ cups of your favorite fruit: Blueberries, Cherries, Strawberries, Apricots, Peaches or Nectarines
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. sugar
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Prepare and freeze fruit
- Cherries: Pit
- Strawberries: Cut in half or quarters
- Apricots, Peaches or Nectarines: Cut into small pieces (peel the peaches before chopping, but the skin may be left on for the apricots or nectarines)
- Spread fruit out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet, taking care that the fruit is separate.
- Freeze until frozen solid, about 5 hours.
- Place serving bowls in freezer.
- Prepare Ice Cream
- In food processor with metal blade, pulse frozen fruit until coarsely chopped, 8-10 times. Process until chopped fine and almost powdery, about 1 minute.
- Add salt and sugar.
- While machine is running, add cream through the feed tube and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately in chilled bowls.
Select your favorite fruit to use in this incredibly easy ice cream recipe.
No comments yet.