Summer Fruit Pizza
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- half recipe of biscuit dough, patted into disk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 small plum, pitted and sliced
- 1 small peach, pitted and sliced
- ½ c. raspberries
- ½ c. strawberries, halved
- ½ c. blackberries or blueberries
- 3½ Tbsp. sugar
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the biscuit dough into a 9-inch round. Fold in half and gently transfer to a heavy ungreased baking sheet. Unfold dough and smooth the edges.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the dough with some of the melted butter. Arrange the fruit in a decorative overlapping pattern all the way to the edge of the dough. Dab the fruit with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle 2½ tablespoons of sugar over the fruit.
- Bake the pizza for 20 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Remove the pizza from the oven and turn on the broiler. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar over the fruit.
- Broil for about 1 minute, watching carefully until the sugar begins to bubble and brown.
- Slice the pizza onto a rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.