Pin Wheel Peach Cobbler
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. minced crystallized ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 c. flour
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. chilled unsalted butter, cut up
- ⅔ c. whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 4 pounds peaches, peeled, cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Set spiced sugar aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Using fingertips, rub in chilled butter until coarse meal forms.
- Add cream and vanilla; stir until moist clumps form.
- Gently kneed dough on lightly floured surface just until smooth.
- Roll out dough into a 9x15 inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Spring with spiced sugar. Starting on a long side, roll up dough jelly-roll style. Transfer to baking sheet. Cover log with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- For Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend sugar, vanilla bean, and flour in food processor until vanilla is finely chopped; place in large bowl. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Transfer peach mixture to 10-inch diameter cake pan with 2-inch high sides. Bake until filling is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Cut dough log crosswise into 1-inch thick biscuits. Place biscuits atop filling. Bake until biscuits are golden, about 45 minutes.
- Cool at least 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.