Author: Kuhn Orchards
- Pink Banana Pumpkin (or any heirloom edible pumpkin, but Pink Banana have a true pumpkin flavor, whereas other pumpkins might have more of a winter squash flavor)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut pumpkin in half. Place pumpkin cut side down in baking pan. Roast until tender, 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Using a large spoon, scrape out and discard seeds.
- Remove flesh; transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Process until complete pureed without any solid pieces, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl or storage container. Refrigerate up to several days of freeze up to one month if you do not need to use it right away.
This recipe for pumpkin puree is the base for making pumpkin pie, bread, soup, etc.