Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- For the crunch & topping: mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Press into a greased 9-inch square buttered baking dish, reserving ⅓ of mixture for the topping. Cover the crunch with rhubarb.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and water in a saucepan and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over rhubarb and cover with topping.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.