Rhubarb Custard Pie
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 2 cups cut rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar + 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup milk (or half & half)
- Chop rhubarb and place in unbaked pie shell.
- Beat egg yolks, 1 cup sugar, salt, flour and butter until light; add milk.
- Pour mixture over rhubarb in pie shell.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes, then 300° until custard is set.
- Then beat egg whites with 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Top baked custard with egg white mixture and return to oven to lightly brown.