Orange-Braised Carrots & Parsnips
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound parsnips (both cut into 3 inch, narrow segments)
- 2 t. grated orange zest
- 1¼ cup orange juice (divided)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme (tie with kitchen string to make a bundle)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place carrots and parsnips in Dutch oven.
- Add all ingredients, except fresh parsley and ½ cup orange juice.
- Bring to boil on stove top.
- Cover and bake for 1.5 hours.
- Discard thyme bundle.
- Add remaining ½ cup orange juice, parsley, and fresh thyme leaves if desired.