Goat Cheese Leek Tart
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 bunch leeks, white and pale green parts only (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- 1 store-bought refrigerated pie dough for a 9-inch pie (not a preformed pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 350°, with rack on lowest shelf.
- In a medium bowl, toss leeks with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together goat cheese, cream cheese, milk, 2 egg yolks, and thyme. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash.
- Trim root end and dark green tops of leeks. Halve leeks lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-moons.
- Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread goat-cheese mixture on crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Top with leeks. Fold edge of dough over filling, pinching folds together to seal. Brush dough with egg wash.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 1 hour. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into wedges; serve.