Pasta with Goat Cheese & Asparagus
- 2 lbs. asparagus
- 12 oz. cavatappi or other short pasta
- 5 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. fresh, snipped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Place asparagus on large rimmed cookie sheet and dot with 1 Tbsp. butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender, tossing occasionally, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into 2 inch lengths.
- While asparagus is roasting, salt boiling water. Add pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Set aside 1 ½ cups pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, remaining 3 Tbsp. butter and ½ cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Add goat-cheese and asparagus to pasta; toss to combine, adding more pasta water if necessary for sauce to coat pasta.
No comments yet.