Scalloped Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 2 T. flour
- 1-12 oz. can evaporated milk
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ c. bread crumber
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease baking dish.
- Melt 2 T. butter in sauce pan.
- Add chopped leek and saute.
- Whisk in flour and cook until golden.
- Gradually whisk in evaporated milk, and bring to a bubble. Cook for a minute until sauce thickens, and remove from heat.
- Grate nutmeg into sauce and season with salt.
- Spread single layer of sweet potatoes, spoon leek and milk mixture over, sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue layering with sauce and cheese as final layers.
- Melt 1 T. butter and mix in bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
No comments yet.