Rhubarb Tart with Orange Glaze
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ pound rhubarb stalks, thinly sliced diagonally (1/8 inch thick)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ½ tsp. grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack placed in the middle.
- Stir together orange juice, lime juice and sugar in bowl and add rhubarb. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut pastry in half lengthwise, then roll out each piece into an 11x7 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Arrange pastry rectangles side by side on an ungreased large baking sheet.
- Score a border with a knife (taking care to not cut all the way through the pastry) ½ inch from the edge of the dough. Prick pastry inside the border all over with a fork.
- Strain rhubarb from juices and reserve liquids in sauce pan. Top each pastry rectangle with half of sliced rhubarb.
- Bake until pastry is puffed and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil reserved liquid in a saucepan, skimming foam if necessary, until reduced to about ¼ cup, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer tarts to rack and brush with glaze then sprinkle with orange zest.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.