Strawberry & Asparagus Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces, blanched and cooled
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¾ c. salad oil
- ½ c. walnut oil
- ¾ c. red wine vinegar
- 1 ¼ c. strawberry jam
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently toss onion, strawberry and asparagus.
- Prepare vinaigrette. Pour a small amount of vinaigrette over vegetables and berries; toss. Let marinate for at least one hour. Set remainder of dressing to the side.
- Top favorite salad green mix with the marinated vegetables and berries.
- Top with toasted almonds, and serve with desired amount of dressing.