Cream of Sunchoke Soup
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 1 large leek
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. sunchokes (a.k.a. Jerusalem Artichokes)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Discard the root and the green leafy tip of the leek and slice the rest thinly.
- In a medium to large soup pot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the leeks and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until some of the leek slices are turning golden brown and beginning to caramelize.
- Scrub (or peel) the sunchokes and cut them into 1 inch slices. Add the sunchokes, broth, and water to the pot. Turn the heat up to medium-high and simmer, for about 20 minutes, or until the sunchokes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender, or transfer the soup a little bit at a time to a standard blender and blend until smooth. Add the cream and stir to combine.
No comments yet.