Asparagus and Fennel Soup
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 4 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- Fennel bulb, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 pounds asparagus, chopped
- 3-4 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fennel fronts, finely chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add fennel, shallots and some salt. Saute until soft and starting to caramelize.
- Add coriander and asparagus and saute until fragrant.
- Cover vegetables with stock and simmer until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Blend in batched until soup is creamy and smooth. Return to pot, add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired, or a drizzle olive oil or dollop of sour cream.