Rosemary Roasted Cipollini Onions
Author: Kuhn Orchards
- 2 quarts water
- 4 pounds Cipollini onions
- 4 Rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Rosemary sprigs, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Boil water in large pot. Add unpeeled, whole onions, cook for 30 seconds. Drain and cool in ice water bath.
- Peel onions, arrange in a single layer on a roasting pan or jelly roll pan.
- Top with rosemary sprigs.
- Combine wine, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and honey, and whisk to incorporate. Pour wine mixture over honey. Bake for 30 minutes, turning twice.
- Remove onions from pan. Carefully liquid from pan into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pour over onions, toss well to coat. Garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
No comments yet.